Quick Healthy Quarantine Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner!
Sweet Almond Butter Oatmeal
Ingredients 1 cup water
1 sliced banana
½ cup steel cut oats
1 teaspoon hemp seed
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions 1) Stovetop: Combine water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for
2 to 3 minutes.
2)In a small bowl combine the oats with sliced banana, hemp seed, almond butter, and cinnamon. Mix well and enjoy!
Favorite Lentil Dish
Ingredients 8 cups water
4 cups lentils
1/2 red onion
15 cherry tomatoes
6 basil leave
1 tablespoon olive oil
1) Stovetop: Combine water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the lentils and cook for 40 minutes.
2) In a frying pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the 1/2 chopped red onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Slice the cherry tomatoes in halves and add them to the frying pan as well. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
3) Drain the lentils completely and add them to the frying pan with onions and cherry tomatoes. Stir the lentils for 1 minute so they can absorb the sautéed vegetable taste.
4) Pour all contents from the frying pan into a bowl and top with chopped basil. The taste of this dish is fantastic! There will be leftovers for the next day!
Garlic Lemon Butter Shrimp
4 tablespoons butter
5 small garlic cloves
1 bag of 51-60 count pink wild caught shrimp peeled and uncooked
dash of salt
dash of pepper
2 tablespoons of red paprika
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1) In a frying pan, add 4 tablespoons of butter. Set the heat to high for 1 minute and then reduce the heat to medium so it doesn’t burn.
2) Add 5 small garlic cloves (already finely chopped) to the heated butter in the pan. Sauté on medium heat for 1 minute.
3) Add a bag of 51-60 count pink wild caught shrimp peeled and uncooked to the buttery/garlicy mixture. Stir the shrimp the whole time while it’s cooking so it doesn’t burn. Add salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of red paprika. Cook the shrimp for about 10 mins in all that. Add lemon juice from 2 fresh lemons at the end and mix everything well in the pan. At the end just top it off with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes for a little spice.
4) Cook your favorite pasta separately for 12 mins in boiling water. Drain the pasta, add it to a your favorite serving bowl and top it off with the shrimp and that garlic butter seasoned sauce from the pan. Serving size is two people.